Back to Mirrakoi.com

Zebra and Layer Shading not working Rhino 6

(Mark_Landsaat) #1

Hi guys,

Saw the Y-Branch video this morning and am super excited about that. I decided to model my own version of it, but the file has two problems. I cannot turn on Zebra for the Xirus Object and the Xirus Object does not inherit the layer settings that it is on.

I tried uploading the file, but it’s not letting me. I can email it to someone if you let me know who I can send it too.

Thanks

(Pablo Garcia Amorena) #2

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your feedback on Xirus, it’s very appreciated.
Indeed, Zebra/shading do not work in Rhino 6, we logged this issue and will find a solution soon. In v6 all the shading settings change with respect to v5, in a process that we’re still addressing.

Note that all videos and files on the website were recorded using v5, hence the mismatch. For any e-mail direction, you can use support@mirrakoi.com.

Pablo

(Mark_Landsaat) #3

Hi Pablo,

Thanks for confirming this. Currently this is OK for me since I can still perform all the modeling operations so far. I intend to explore the software more this weekend. Just as an FYI, Rhino did crash a few times while using Xirus. I did not send the crash report to McNeel since it was caused by running Xirus commands. Do you want me to send crash reports to support@mirrakoi.com?

Let me know

(Pablo Garcia Amorena) #4

Hi Mark,

Yes, you can send the crash reports to support@mirrakoi.com. However, if you already know the sequence of commands and conditions leading to the crash, that’d be much more helpful.
Maybe it’s always related to the same command, a specific object to the scene is producing it, etc.

Thanks,
Pablo

(Pablo Garcia Amorena) #5

We fixed this issue in an update (1.2.1.1) today.

Pablo

(Mark_Landsaat) #6

That was fast Pablo :grinning: