Back to Mirrakoi.com

Xirus WIP update: Released!

(Zsuzsanna Püspöki) #1

Dear Xirus users,

We have released a new update (version 1.1.2.0) of the free Xirus WIP: https://mirrakoi.com/xirus-for-rhino/. After signing in on our website, you can download Xirus for Rhino 5 (Windows). If you are already a Xirus user, the Xirus update tool should be automatically launched when reopening Xirus. Follow then the instructions of the update tool.

The update of the Xirus WIP includes the following UX improvements:

• Xirus automatic object highlighting upon selection
  • Object highlighting available in several display modes (wireframe, shaded, ghosted mode, etc.)
  • UX regarding the Face / Edge / Edge loop / Point selection is quicker, faster and more intuitive
  • Enhanced gumball integration for Face / Edge / Edge loop / Point selection: gumball rotation, displacement, and scaling intuitively modifies a Xirus object
  • Tangent selection with multiple symmetric handles: tangents, and tangent planes can be manipulated through multiple handles located at the respective end points
  • All augmented access to a Xirus object is now possible while object control points remain active. For example, tangents or curvatures can be manipulated together with the surface points simultaneously.

Check our new video on the Xirus Learning Channel: https://youtu.be/PbEvczdRXlU and subscribe to our YouTube channel to stay up to date.

Xirus itself, the distribution mechanism, our website, and the corresponding user-support infrastructure are still in test-mode. We would appreciate your active feedback to improve the overall experience related to Xirus. For any comments, suggestions, and requests, please use our forum https://discourse.mirrakoi.com/ or send us an email to support@mirrakoi.com.

We thank every user for testing our technology.

Best regards,
Mirrakoi Team

(sochin) #2

I do not get a prompt to update Xirus when I launch Rhino. Xirus toolbar is visible and the plugin active. Do I have to uninstall, re install?

cheers,
Sochin

(Pablo Garcia Amorena) #3

Hi Sochin,

The prompt appears if you specifically run a Xirus command. Tell me if it works.

A workaround to this is to directly download and install it from https://mirrakoi.com/xirus-for-rhino/.

Pablo

(sochin) #4

Does not work here. Just get a pop up telling me the WIP has expired. Will download the new version.

(velopl) #5

I have the same issue…WIP has expired

(Daniel Schmitter) #6

Hi velopl,
If your WIP has expired just re-download it again from our website and run the installer (same license code is still valid).

Every WIP version has an expiration date to make sure that the users run the latest version. We should have given a larger window to the users to update; will handle it better next time (apologies for the inconvenience).

–daniel

(velopl) #7

Thank you that helped…second time

(sochin) #8

Sorry @velopl just saw this now. I had to download again and drag it into Rhino. Pretty straight forward and used the old code. Was going to uninstall but just installed over and it worked.

cheers,
Sochin

(scott53stan) #9

Any new updates coming up? Seems like its been about a month since the last one. Excited to see ant new features.
Thanks

(Pablo Garcia Amorena) #10

Next update will be released in the beginning of June.

It will be a major update and involve the entirety of the kernel. The wait will be worthwhile!
Announcements will be made soon.

Pablo

(tvellocet) #11

Any news on Mac Version?

(Daniel Schmitter) #12

Hi tvellocet,

We cannot work on a Mac version at the moment because unfortunately the Rhino C++ SDK is still not available for Mac. We recently spoke with Bob McNeel and his team about it and they don’t seem to have plans to go in that direction any time soon. However, as we would like to make Xirus also available for Mac users, we are keeping an eye on the Rhino-common development; we might be able to offer Xirus cross-platform at some point.

btw, have you tried to install Windows on a mac and use Rhino for Windows? We use VMWare and Rhino + Xirus on our macs and it works brilliantly (and runs in parallel to OSX).

–daniel

(tvellocet) #13

Thanks Daniel for the insight even tho it is not a positive one for Mac people. The thing with VMware is that it comes with certain ‘inconveniences’. Namely having to deal with Windows and getting the RAM halved between the OS’s (which for MACBOOK PRO and many iMac users means 16GBB devided by /2. How can anyone create anything with such little RAM at their disposal? It will also most certainly annoy IT that won’t readily understand nor accept why they should give in to such demands when macOS is perfectly capable to run Rhino by itself. If Xirus were a huge name in the industry maybe IT could be swayed but not for playing around with plugins that don’t exist for macOS. Most likely tho its just too much inconvenience for people who want to stay away from Windows as far as possible.