Back to Mirrakoi.com

Windows 10/Rhino 5 - Xirus not loading

(tt) #1

Hi,

I would be interested in purchasing Xirus and use it in conjunction with Rhino 5. I tested it on a Windows 7 machine (Rhino 5) and it worked without an issue; However, once I installed it on my intended workstation (Windows 10 / Rhino 5), Xirus does not load at all at Rhino startup, despite the installation having run and finished correctly. The Xirus tab does not appear at all, and the functions are unrecognized when typed. Is this a familiar situation?

Many thanks

0 Likes

(Pau Argelaguet) #2

Hi tt,

This is not a known issue, we have tested and have a few customers that use XirusCAD with Rhino 5 in Windows 10. You have to take into account that XirusCAD is only compatible with the 64 bit version of Rhino 5, so make sure you’re launching that.

If that doesn’t work, could you please let us know which version of Windows (build number), Rhino and XirusCAD are you using?

Thanks,

Pau

0 Likes

(tt) #3

Hi Pau,

Thank you for your response - it turned out to be a case of launching Rhino 5 from a 32-bit link instead of the 64-bit one, left on the desktop in the rush of setting up a new computer… False alarm indeed!

Thanks again,
Tom

0 Likes

(Pau Argelaguet) #4

Hi Tom, glad it worked!

Cheers,

Pau

0 Likes