Back to Mirrakoi.com

Mesh to Xirus geometry?

(Daniilbravi) #21

La trasformazione da mesh a xirus, per poi trasformare la geometria xirus a superfici (nurbs) , avrebbe il suo utilizzo nel settore calzaturiero o comunque nel settore del Reverse engineering.
esempio di applicazione

(Daniilbravi) #22

Da aggiungere ai comandi di xirus sulle facce, molto utile, sarebbe quella di unire le facce globalmente e localmente (diminuire le facce per un maggior controllo), l’opposto di Subdivision commands - subdivide a xirus faces.

wip

(Daniel Schmitter) #23

Hi @Daniilbravi,

We are currently working on an ‘inverse subd’ command (as well as a mesh-to-xirusCAD command) and will hopefully be able to release them soon. In the meantime you can try to use the Rhino-rebuild command on XirusCAD objects and then convert the NURBS object back to XirusCAD. Furthermore, we will release our own XirusCAD-rebuild command by next week.

We will keep you updated (and thanks for the nice examples you posted).

–daniel

(PodoTools) #24

hi Daniibravi,
Nice to see that another shoemaker is also following Xirus developments. Are yu able to write your comments in English? (Or in Dutch:grin:) I am very interested in how other shoemakers think about Xirus and CAD in general, but it is hard to understand Italian, even with Google Translate.
Cheers,

Erik Hondebrink

(Daniilbravi) #25

Hello Daniel,
I’m sorry for the wrong traslation, but i’m using Google traslate.
This is the modellation link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BpopWGoDQJv/ .
I’ll try Rhinoceros 6 Work in progress (for SubD funtionality). If i install it, will Xirus plug in be in conflict to Rhino 7?

Ciao @danielschmitter_mirrakoi,
Cercherò di utilizzare Google traduttore, anche se la traduzione dall’italiano all’inglese non sarà perfetta.
questo è il link della modellazione con Xirus Cad https://www.instagram.com/p/BpopWGoDQJv/ .
Volevo provare la versione di Rhinoceros 6 Work in progress (per vedere le funzionalità di SubD) se installo Rhino 6 Wip il plug-in Xirus andrà in conflitto con Rhino7.

(Pau Argelaguet) #26

Hi @Daniilbravi,

XirusCAD is designed to work with Rhino 5 and 6, and it’s confined to those environments. If you want to install Rhino 7 WIP, you can do it with NO problem, it will NOT interfere with your XirusCAD installation in Rhino 5/6.

Grazie mille,

Pau

(Mark_Landsaat) #27

This is an interesting development. I tried something this morning. I took an existing TSpline model and converted it to nurbs. after this I used the XirusConvertNURBSToXirus with specify number of points on and converted the individual nurbs patches to the Xirus equivalent using 4 points on all surfaces.

Once I had done this for all the surfaces I was able to join them all into one Xirus object. I have to say though, once I turned on augmented access the model was a little bit overwhelming in terms of complexity. Still trying to wrap my brain around how I would use this best, but the underlying technology seems to be really capable.

(Pablo Garcia Amorena) #28

We’re working in a command to reduce global complexity by approximating a full model with the least number of surfaces. The Rebuild command does this locally (one surface output per surface input).
But before that Mesh to Xirus conversion will come.

Pablo

(Daniilbravi) #29

Ciao @pablogarciaamorena_mirrakoi,
Mi chiedo, quando la versione Alpha sarà completa, Quanto costera Xirus?

How much will Xirus cost?

Grazie
Daniil

(Pablo Garcia Amorena) #30

Ciao @Daniilbravi,
@danielschmitter_mirrakoi will respond to you about that.

Pablo

(Daniilbravi) #31

Ciao @pablogarciaamorena_mirrakoi,
Ci sono notizie sul comando mesh to xirus? Aggiornamenti?
Is there any news on the command mesh to xirus? updates?

(Daniel Schmitter) #32

Ciao @Daniilbravi,

Ci stiamo lavorando. Innanzitutto, rilasceremo presto la funzione NURBS-tagliata su XirusCAD.

–daniel

(Daniilbravi) #33

ciao @danielschmitter_mirrakoi,
è possibile mandare un file 3d mesh, in modo che vedete cosa interessa a me che il comando mesh to xirus converta bene, per email, in privato.

you can send a 3d mesh file, so that you see what interests me that the mesh to xirus command converts well, by email, in private.

(Daniel Schmitter) #34

hi @leex,

We have just released a new update which allows to convert trimmed NURBS to trimmed XirusCAD surfaces including subsequent warping: https://youtu.be/aMBogglVIPo

–daniel